CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Finding myself in the discovery of others...

This is an effort to revive the stagnant pool of useless lists that is my blog.

It's interesting to me how much one's blog can say about them, even when they don't want it to. By simply observing the frequency of the posts, or the basic format of what is shared, you get a glimpse into someone's personality, their thoughts. In my own blog I see my self-conscious habit of deflecting attention. I don't share a lot about myself, I suppose, because I don't value my own opinon. Or at least, how I express it in written word. So alas, we see a lot of lists, gateways to the ideas, the minds of others, offering only a small glimpse into mine.

Quite opposite, however, is the blog of one of my own, personal, treasured minds and friends, who some of you may know. Someone who, instead of being a window to the ideas of others, , opens a door into herself, into her heart for me, and all those who enjoy her posts. When I read, I feel as if I've stolen a glimpse into her secret thoughts, into her life. A talent that I envy, to be honest, but I very much appreciate the oppourtunity to enjoy it.

As evidenced, writing about myself is not one of my strengths, and not something I'm always comfortable doing. But I do find joy in singing the praises of others, and so much of who I am, I feel, is determined by those who I surround myself with. So, through my awe of others, I'd like to try to show you...myself.

1 comments:

The Flints said...

That is a beautiful post. I think that actually says a lot about you. Maybe your ideas are just more closely held, while being equally eloquent. I will always love and admire you. You're on the list of students who touched my life forever. ~Bonnie Flint